Paid Permitted Engagement (PPE) visit visas are for Applicants wishing to enter the UK to undertake specified Paid Permitted Engagements. Specifically:
- Academics who are highly qualified and have been invited by a UK Higher Education Institution or a UK based research or arts organisation.
- Overseas designated pilots invited by an approved and regulated training organisation based in the UK.
- Qualified lawyers invited by a client.
- Professional artists, entertainers, musicians or sports person invited by a creative (arts or entertainment) or sports organisation, agent or broadcaster based in the UK.
Non-European nationals who wish to enter the UK as visitors must have permission to do so unless they are the national of a listed country to which an exemption applies.
When the country exemption applies, an Applicant need only apply for leave to the Immigration Officer at the UK port of entry unless:
- visiting the UK to marry or to form a civil partnership (or give notice of this); or
- seeking to visit the UK for more than 6 months
A PPE Applicant cannot be a child and will need to demonstrate a genuine intention to visit the permitted purposes. This means the Applicant:
- will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
- will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home; and
- is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the Visitor routes
- will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in the Visitor routes
- must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment
Additionally a PPE Applicant will need to demonstrate:
- that the PPE activity was arranged prior to the Applicant travelling to the UK;
- that the PPE activity had been declared as part of the application for a visit visa or leave to enter and had been evidenced by a formal invitation
- that the PPE activity is related to the Applicant’s area of expertise and occupation overseas
PPE visa Applicants must demonstrate sufficient funds to cover the all costs associated with travelling to visit either personally or via a third party, without relying on public funds.
DURATION OF STAY
A PPE visa allows an Applicant to stay in the UK for up to 1 month during its validity.
DESCARTES SOLICITORS is recognised as one of the leading multi-practice firms in the UK. Our specialist immigration team works closely with individuals to apply for a Paid Permitted Engagement visit visa. Please contact our lawyers on 0208 995 3556/0844 556 9901 or e-mail email@example.com.
LINK TO UKVI GUIDANCE