This category is for Applicants who wish to visit friends and family or come to the UK for a holiday.
Non-European nationals who wish to enter the UK as visitors must have permission to do so, unless they are the national of a listed country to which an exemption applies.
When the country exemption applies, an Applicant need only apply for leave to the Immigration Officer at the UK port of entry unless:
- visiting the UK to marry or to form a civil partnership (or give notice of this); or
- seeking to visit the UK for more than 6 months.
A Visit (Standard) Visa for Tourism and Leisure Applicant will need to demonstrate a genuine intention to visit the UK. This means that the Applicant:
- will leave the UK at the end of their visit
- will not make the UK their home for extended periods through frequent or successive visits
- is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes
- will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in the Visitor routes
- must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds.
Visit (Standard) Visa for Tourism and Leisure holders are allowed to undertake certain permitted activities such as:
- tourism and leisure
- volunteering for a UK Registered charity
- studying (providing this is incidental and lasts no more than 30 days)
- prospective entrepreneurial activities in specified circumstances
Visit (Standard) Visa for Tourism and Leisure holders are not permitted to:
- undertake work which amounts to filling a role or providing short-term cover for a role within a UK based organisation.
- receive payment from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK except in limited circumstances
undertake more than 30 days’ non-incidental study in the UK.
Visit (Standard) Visa for Tourism and Leisure Applicants and any dependants must demonstrate sufficient funds to cover the all costs associated with the visit either personally or via third parties, without recourse to public funds. Any third party support must be from a person who is legally present in the UK and who has a relationship with the Applicant.
DURATION OF STAY
A Visit (Standard) Visa allows an Applicant to stay in the UK for up to 6 months during its validity.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Our experienced lawyers can help Applicants, family members or dependants to:
Make an initial application
Challenge decisions by way of Administrative Review or other appeal process
We will assist by:
- Obtaining the complete facts of a case
- collecting relevant documents
- advising the best solutions
- preparing the application (including completion of forms)
- preparing covering submissions
- submitting the application(s) to the relevant authority
- communicating with the relevant authority until a decision is made
- advising about rights and entitlements following a decision an application
- providing follow up support and services
DESCARTES SOLICITORS is recognised as one of the leading multi-practice firms in the UK. Our specialist immigration team works closely with individuals to apply for a Visit (Standard) Visas for Tourism and Leisure. Please contact our lawyers on 0208 995 3556/0844 556 9901 or e-mail email@example.com.
LINK TO UKVI GUIDANCE