We strive to provide a high-quality legal service to our clients. We recognise, however, that sometimes thing may go wrong. If this occurs, we need you to tell us about it to help us to resolve any mistakes, misunderstandings, and to improve or maintain our standards.
If you have a complaint, please raise the problem with our complaints partner, Shwan Sharif on 020 8995 3556 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you prefer to do so in the first instance, you can raise the problem with the senior lawyer responsible for your matter, by telephone or email.
As part of our commitment to our clients we have introduced a formal complaints procedure set out below:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within two working days.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our complaints partner reviewing your file and speaking to the member(s) of staff who acted on your case.
- Within 10 working days of sending you the written acknowledgement, our complaints partner will invite you to a meeting to discuss and endeavour to resolve your complaint. If you do not want a meeting or a meeting is not possible, our complaints partner may, instead, offer you an opportunity discuss the matter by telephone.
- Within two working days of any meeting, or telephone discussion, our complaints partner will send you a detailed reply to your complaint, confirming the details of any meetings that took place and any agreed solutions.
- A detailed written reply to your complaint will be sent within 21 days of sending you the written acknowledgement of your complaint in any event. If we have to change any of the timescales mentioned above, we will let you know and explain why.
- If, at this stage you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone at our firm unconnected with the matter to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 10 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. In the event we cannot settle your complaint with you, we will inform you that this is the case.
- If you are then still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint.
- Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com. The website address of the Legal Ombudsman is legalombudsman.org.uk
- If the Legal Ombudsman thinks your case involves a breach of the Solicitors Regulation Principles, they will refer your case to the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority). Alternatively, you can contact the SRA directly where you feel there has been a breach of their principles. For more information, please refer to the following link:https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/
DESCARTES SOLICITORS is recognised as one of the leading multi-practice firms in the UK. Our specialist Family Law teams can be contacted on 0208 995 3556 / 0844 556 9901 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get In Touch
Call 0208 995 3556 to speak to one of our advisors.
See Our Reviews
We are 5 Star rated on Google we pride ourselves on a quality service.
Get In Touch